Wednesday 20 May 2015

More giff-ing

I'm not sure how I came across it, but I ended up on Youtube yesterday watching a video on digital painting. 

This guy was an absolute boss at town scenes and I realised that I hardly ever draw them.

He would start off using tone to plan out out thumbnail compositions.  I've never tried doing value sketches in Photoshop before but it turned out to be very useful.  I might have to use this method for planning out my roughs. 






It was so much fun using this layered technique, I ended up making another animated gif.  Started off with large simple shapes:




Added some more detail:



(That's little Peter in the corner, guiding the balloons)  


Have a look at this guy's channel - although all the work there is enough to make you weep and want to go back to art school for another five years:  Tyler Edlin's Youtube Channel

No comments: